Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ready for Love

Last year in December I wrote a letter to God and placed it in my bible. I prayed and asked for 3 major things...  One of those things was Love real LOVE... Not just for me to have love but for me to learn how to give my love unselfishly to someone but not just anyone but to someone who was deserving of the love I have to offer... Lately it really seems that it's close but oh so far away... I know what I need may not necessarily be what I think I want. I know there is not one perfect person but I do know there is a perfect person just for me.  Although I want to cry, plead and beg God to rush the process and wake my Adam, I hear  him say be patient, it's on its way, I've saved the best for last. As a woman its so hard to be patient when it comes to love. Especially someone like me... I'm def a lover... I've come to realize I'm not that single girl. While I've enjoyed my single moments I am so ready for love. I'm a hopeless romantic, I want to grow old and gray with one love... A love I can call my own, a love that is selfless, a  love that is 100% mine. A love that is so perfect and right that I know without a shadow of a doubt it was God sent. But God's timing is not our timing and I know he is still preparing me. Maturing me, grooming me to be a helpmate to my future husband, teaching me patience, healing me from my past and my hurts. Grooming me to be a Godly woman and pleasing in his eyes. Teaching me how to love and do it whole heartily. For every heart break I have ever experience in my life time, I want to say Thank you Jesus, for every person, man or woman that has every hurt me or broken my heart, I say Thank you! I can say thank you because without those hurts without those experiences, I would never know what it feels like to love, be loved, hurt and to be hurt. Life is so full of lessons and I am so thankful for the lesson of love... I am a work in progress but I know when God finishes with me and I become the woman he has destiny me to be then I will be READY FOR LOVE.....

1 comment:

  1. I Love this post because, women looking for Love never take the time to ask God to heal them from their past. I feel moved by this post. even though you are still waiting and looking for Love...it gives me hope that my love is still out there for me...waiting for me. We are all works of God in progress...thank you for reminding us that you and the rest of us will be ready and prepared! Awesome job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete